Monday, December 15, 2008

Flight Or Fight?


This week is shaping up to be a little more daunting each day. The problem is that I really want to do more than I can. For example, it's nearly midnight and I've not done anything related to my travel plans. I went to work, then I went to the vet to pick up a cone for Berta (she's messing with her sutures), and then I went to my MMA class. I came straight home, showered, made a Vega shake, and now here I am. There's no getting around it - I have to at least pack my linens and wardrobe, and I have to spend at least an hour studying Japanese. And I still have laundry to fold, AND I still haven't booked my flight for this weekend.

Let me digress for a moment to talk about why I didn't just skip the MMA class and use those three hours (driving + training + shooting the bull) to get other things done. It's because this class is totally friggin rad! I've been training at Bodies in Motion since the beginning of the year, but they recently cancelled the class due BIM being totally lame. Luckily the guys that were teaching the class also teach and train at a real fight gym in Culver City, called PKG. For those of you that are local to L.A., I highly recommend them. The quality of instruction is great, the workouts are intense, and while the vibe is friendly and patient, the focus is on developing serious fighting skills. I've been practicing martial arts in some form or another for 18 years, but I'm a beginner in there, which for me is AWESOME. Anyway, since this month will be my last opportunity to train there, I want to make it to every class I can - even if it means losing a little sleep.

In other news, I procrastinated not only on packing, but also on booking my flight for this weekend. Now the prices are ridiculous, which is making me procrastinate further, because I'm a super cheap guy and I'm having a hard time biting the bullet and shelling out for these obscene fares. Note: don't ever procrastinate on booking a flight!

Despite how I might sound, my outlook is extremely positive right now. But, who wouldn't feel extremely positive putting all their energy into fulfilling life long dreams, while the only interruptions consist of doing things they love to do?

2 comments:

  1. I hope there aren't any snakes on the plane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't this happen last time you moved? And the time before that?
    Well, that does sound like a pretty good gym, so I can't fault ya to bad....
    but still, get packin', chump!

    ReplyDelete