Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Love It When a Plan Comes Together

I couldn't think of a clever picture to take to accompany tonight's entry. I concerned myself with it for about 30 seconds before I realized that I'm better off breaking from that pattern now. If it's hard to come up with something on the fifth entry, imagine what it will be like on the 500th entry. Going forward, if there's a picture, great, but we'll also be ready for the fact that sometimes there won't be.

The good news is that I feel like a lot of things came together today. No, packing isn't one of them, (and yes Alex, this has been my M.O. on my last two moves as well - actually all the moves in my extensive history of moving). However, the plan is becoming clearer, and I even bought some insanely overpriced airline tickets today.

Here's what I got so far: I'm going to NYC this Saturday (Dec 20th), then Susan and I will be returning to LA on Tuesday (23rd). I'm thinking farewell party on Saturday (27th), but that also coincides with the UFC fight card of the year, so I'm not sure if I want to combine those things or break them up. Please comment to let me know what you think.

The next part gets a little fuzzy. Still not sure if we're driving a Uhaul to NY, and shipping the Mustang, or shipping everything via POD, and driving the Mustang. The latter is preferred, if it makes financial sense. If that is how it goes, then we'll probably drive straight to FL starting the 29th-ish. That would have us in the Sunshine State from about Jan 2 - Jan 14. If we end up Uhauling it, then the plan is pretty similar, but we'll get to FL a few days later, because we'll be getting settled in in NY, and then flying to FL.

Outside of that, I've been catching up on my Japanese. Doko de biru o nomimasu ka? And I found this sweet web page that has listings of numerous MMA gyms in Tokyo.

Lastly, since this blog is called "Arian's Adventures", and not "Arian's Plans", let me tell you about today. Actually, besides the assembling of the aforementioned plans, there's not much to tell. Not much, except the fact that it was friggin COLD today. I mean seriously, I can't whine about this enough! Last time I checked this is SoCal. But today it was London. Friggin 42 farenheit, and raining all day. On top of that, there's no heat in my office. There's only heat in the living room of my apartment - we don't usually need heaters in SoCal! By the time I got home, I was totally exhausted from just trying to maintain my mammalian 'warm blooded' state.

Anyway, woohoo, let's do this!

2 comments:

  1. I don't see anything wrong with combining your farewell party and the UFC fight. Maybe plan it so that the party starts before, the fight will be an intermission, and then you close things out afterward. Or if the fight doesn't end too late, just kick things off with the fight, let people trickle in, then end it out with a party. Well, just my thoughts.

    Anyways, it sounds like you & Susan are gearing up for another sweet adventure! I'm insanely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey to Alex the commenter above!
    Arian,
    You need a heat lamp or a heat rock. The Chihuahua wears a sweater but she still shakes. Do you wear a sweater?

    Also lucky us you will be here, I cant wait. Let's get together and crack up.

    ReplyDelete