Monday, December 15, 2008

Dog Blog from the Procrastination Station


I got a little bit done today, but I don't think I've had enough of a sense of urgency up to this point. I'm leaving for NY this upcoming weekend for a few days. I estimate that I really need to be mostly packed by then. So far I only managed to get through the books, dvds, and cds. I'm not really sweating, though. Many things are already boxed, and I feel like this is going to be an easy pack job. Let's hope I'm right.

I also received a lot of emails and messages from friends, in response to the first post. It was really awesome to hear from so many people - especially many of whom I have tragically infrequent contact. It was really a pleasure to follow up on many of those responses. Thanks!

So, a friend of mine inquired about Berta (my dog), pointing out that I hadn't mentioned her in the previous entry, or in any of the updates I sent out. There's nothing special to tell. We'll be packing her up and driving across the country just like when we came out here in the first place. I'm a little concerned about her being in cold weather. She's getting a little long in the tooth, and is developing some arthritis. But, she still has lots of energy and plays like a puppy, so I might be worrying over nothing. I guess it's also worth mentioning here that she just had surgery on Friday. It went well, and she seems to be feeling fine.

Somebody remind me tomorrow that I need to do a better job of getting packed, than I did over the weekend! Until then...

2 comments:

  1. You need to do a better job of getting packed, then you did over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everybody has that one guy they can always count on. Thanks Al, you're the man!

    ReplyDelete