Saturday, December 13, 2008

Moving and Other Stuff


First, I want to introduce you to my Evan Tanner tribute beard (RIP) - left.

So, I've got a bunch of big stuff going on right now that I'm eager to share with all my friends and family. It would be way too many emails/phone calls to make, so I thought it might be fun to start up a little blog to keep track of my activities over the next few months. So, what's the news?

I'm moving from Los Angeles to New York City around the beginning of January '09. For those that don't already know, Susan is enrolled at Mannes College of Music, in NYC. She's been there testing the waters since August. She's really enjoying it, and feels like she's making a great deal of progress musically. It's hard for both of us to say farewell to our friends, our great apartment, and the beatiful weather in L.A. At the same time, I'm excited about embracing another big life experience.

Naturally, this also means that I'm leaving my current job. This too is a little disappointing. I've been working with a great team of people, to develop a product that I really believe in. BTW, if any of you are looking to buy or sell a car, stay tuned to www.mota.com. It's still only in the early stages of its development, but soon they're going to redefine the way that we buy and sell used cars.

So, how will I make a living, you ask? I don't know! A good friend of mine said "leap, and the net will appear". I'm counting on him being right. :) Seriously, I want to do something in the online space, and I think I want to try being my own boss for a while. To that end, I have a few irons in the fire, but it's premature to talk about those right now.

As if moving across the country (again) and trying to start my own business wasn't enough, I'm taking a three month sabbatical in Japan. It's not really a sabbatical I guess, as I'm going to be using this time to be hyper-focused on growing my own web based income. Instead of going into the story behind my decision to take this trip, I'm going to try to break from my habit of writing ridiculously long blogs. Suffice it to say that I'm leaving Jan 16, and I'll be returning sometime mid-April.

This blog will serve to chronical my experiences with trying to execute the plans above, and whatever happens beyond that. For now, I need to start packing - only seven days to get it done!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of big news! I'm gonna miss having you around since, although we didn't get together often enough, you have been my only musical companion in the past few years. I look forward to reading this blog and hearing about your adventures in Japan and then NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're in NYC and looking for a tour, be sure to reach out. I'll show ya around! Oh - and SO jealous about Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow indeed. Good luck and nothing but success for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lumberjack Beard is way more NY than it is LA.

    So do you still have those fish plates? I am just kidding.
    You can always deliver pizzas...wink wink. Make sure we get photos of this Odyssey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, NY will be a hell of a lot easier to visit than L.A.
    Good luck, man. Let me know if I can help in anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds exciting. I will just live vicariously through you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damns, wish we had more time to hang out.
    So I got to say I am jealous that you are going to Japan, that is awesome; that you are moving and to New York, and that Susan has let you participate in Beardvember. I keep threatening Jami and she keeps telling me we'd be through.
    Oh well. I wish you both the best of luck and take good care of yourselves and each other.
    Adventure HO!

    ReplyDelete