Thursday, January 22, 2009

Susan Sings Songs and Sabotage in the City

Trip to NY:

It’s been a few weeks since I experienced these adventures, so now I guess it just makes sense to breeze through a few highlights. After my hassle ridden flying experience was over, the rest of the stay in NYC was fine. There were a few inconveniences with difficulties catching cabs, etc., but nothing worth writing about at this point.

As for the highlights, I got to hear Susan sing twice: once with her Baroque chamber ensemble, and the second time performing opera scenes. Both performances were excellent all the way around. Of course, I expect an enjoyable performance from her, but you never know what to expect from the rest of the performers. In this case I’d say that she seems to be immersed in a great pool of talent.

Aside from Susan’s performances, I also got to hang out with my old friend Gumby (yes, that’s a nickname). He came to the second of Susan’s performances, and afterward we had dinner at a GREAT Asian themed noodle restaurant in the Time Square neighborhood. Then after that we managed to hit a really cool neighborhood bar - the kind only NYC has to offer. It goes without saying that a LOT of drinking ensued, and a great time was had by all.

Returning to LA:

Once again the Arian travel curse struck. We had major transportation problems getting to the airport, and caught our plane by the skin of our teeth. From there it was just one delay and/or inconvenience after another. It was a great relief to finally be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment